Marketo and Infor Partnership
The big announcement last month was the partnership between Marketo and Infor but little information was made public. We are just one week away from the Marketo Summit, so I wanted to share some figures on Infor to all the fellow Marketo users and friends which will serve as a good background information.
Who is Infor?
- Founded in 2002, Infor builds business software for specific industries in the cloud. The company has 15,000 employees and over 90,000 customers in more than 170 countries
- Infor claims to be “world’s largest privately owned software company” and top 5 largest software companies in the world
- The Infor headquarters are located in New York City
- Infor has been named a Leader in the Gartner Magic Quadrant for Marketing Resource Management
- Inforum.nyc is Infor’s yearly conference and takes place July 10 – 12, 2017 in New York City
- Hook & Look is a design agency acquired by Infor to focus internally on improving the design of everything Infor builds
- Charles E. Phillips Jr. is the CEO of Infor
- From 1981 to 1986, Phillips was in the U.S. Marine Corps
- He was co-president and director of Oracle from 2003 to 2010
- In February 2009, Phillips was appointed as a member to the President’s Economic Recovery Advisory Board for President Barack Obama
Why should you care?
- Opportunity to build better customer experiences using Infor CX suites
- Ability to better manage marketing operations and resources
- Existing Infor customers will hopefully benefit from a better integration with your other Infor enterprise resource solutions
- Hopefully an even more user friendly Marketo
Stay tuned for the announcements at the Summit next week where we’ll all get a better understanding of what this means for Marketo customers. As a Marketo Digital Service Partner, I’m always happy to chat about the latest developments so if you want to be in the loop feel free to email me at email@example.com.