The big announcement last month was the partnership between Marketo and Infor but little information was made public. We are just one week away from the Marketo Summit, so I wanted to share some figures on Infor to all the fellow Marketo users and friends which will serve as a good background information.
Who is Infor?
- Founded in 2002, Infor builds business software for specific industries in the cloud. The company has 15,000 employees and over 90,000 customers in more than 170 countries.
- Infor claims to be “world’s largest privately owned software company” and top 5 largest software companies in the world.
- The Infor headquarters are located in New York City.
- Infor has been named a Leader in the Gartner Magic Quadrant for Marketing Resource Management.
- Inforum.nyc is Infor’s yearly conference and takes place July 10 – 12, 2017 in New York City.
- Hook & Look is a design agency acquired by Infor to focus internally on improving the design of everything Infor builds.
- Charles E. Phillips Jr. is the CEO of Infor
- From 1981 to 1986, Phillips was in the U.S. Marine Corps
- He was co-president and director of Oracle from 2003 to 2010
- In February 2009, Phillips was appointed as a member to the President's Economic Recovery Advisory Board for President Barack Obama
Why should you care?
- Opportunity to build better customer experiences using Infor CX suites
- Ability to better manage marketing operations and resources
- Existing Infor customers will hopefully benefit from a better integration with your other Infor enterprise resource solutions
- Hopefully an even more user friendly Marketo
Stay tuned for the announcements at the Summit next week where we’ll all get a better understanding of what this means for Marketo customers. As a Marketo Digital Service Partner, I’m always happy to chat about the latest developments so if you want to be in the loop feel free to email me at firstname.lastname@example.org.