As a Pardot Registered Partner, the Macro team had the privilege to take a sneak peek at what the new Pardot Engagement Studio can do. We are very excited to share our initial review and recommendations to our clients.
The Engagement Studio is the next generation of Drip Programs, which change the game for what value organizations can get out of Pardot. It was first announced back in April 2015 but the wait is now over.
Marketers have a powerful yet simple way to deliver complex engagement programs in Pardot now. You will be able to send more relevant content at the right time; save time by reducing the number of automation rules required and test more accurately your engagement logic.
The main features we would like to highlight:
- Branching logic is a huge improvement over the more linear logic of the current Drips Programs
- Introduction of Triggers will empower marketers to listen and react to more online behavior
- Ability to change field values as a step
- Changing the Lead Score in a step
- Testing is (should be) a crucial part for anything you build. The ability to run tests and read test logs for different scenarios without having to wait in real time is very exciting
- Ability to build Engagement Studio programs without having a target list ready will save you time
- Reporting visualization for each step allows you to measure conversions between each step.
- Ability to create complex workflows in Pardot without necessary having to send an email
Engagement Studio vs. Drip Programs
To summarize the improvements and differences we created this handy table:
|Feature||Engagement Studio||Drip Program|
|Can Build Without All Assets Created First||Yes||No|
|Change Prospect Field Value||Yes||No|
Here is what you need to know and how to prepare:
- Keep the deadlines mind. The Engagement Studio will be available Tuesday, June 21 2016 for everyone to opt-in. Drip Programs will be discontinued, but there is no official date released yet.
- For ongoing Drip Programs you should plan the move to the Engagement Programs now. Already completed Drip Programs don’t need to be moved.
- You will need to manually migrate existing Drip Programs over to the Engagement programs, they will not automatically transform.
- Consolidate Automation Rules by building them into the Engagement Studio.
- The end of the steps is the end. You need to re-think how you will be adding additional steps. Unlike the Drip Programs, adding an extra step at the end won’t run for the prospects which already reached the end.
For guidance with the exciting new Engagement Studio or if you want to take your marketing to the next level don’t hesitate to get in touch. At Macromator we love working with Salesforce Pardot clients who understand the power of marketing automation. Email me at PardotExpert@Macromator.com.