If your company has a global presence then you know how cumbersome is to run marketing operations. I wrote this piece based on my company’s experience working with large global enterprises and would like to share with you what we found it works. You have to work with EMEA, LATAM, NA, ANZ and APAC.
You have to manage a complex MarTech stack including a marketing automation platform integrated into your CRM. You have internal clients with tight deadlines on one side and hungry sales reps for hot leads on the other side.
Often though, as many of our clients would tell you, the task can get daunting when trying to do everything in-house. How do you find the right strategic partner to help your marketing operations? Not all demand generation agencies are created equal. Only a small handful of agencies, which really know your combination of marketing technologies, can help you on a global scale.
First of all, define what work you can do internally and what work will your marketing operations partner be responsible for.
Secondly, define all the internal stakeholders who should be involved. For example: Field Regional Marketing Managers or internal Marketing Automation Managers The right marketing operations agency will then help you:
- Execute campaigns for your regional field-marketing managers in their time zones. The agency resources have to be available during their regional business hours to work on campaigns.
- Architect operations in scalable and effective way with the right MarTech.
- Set the correct expectations to internal clients, request more information if missing and ask the right questions to track what you are trying to achieve.
- Certified experts who know really well both your marketing automation platform as well as your CRM. Most agencies have only superficial skills in enterprise marketing automation platforms.
- Manage all your campaigns with a ticketing system that brings order in communications and process to your marketing operations. A constant optimization of this process is mandatory.
- Review the campaigns results regularly to make recommendations for improvements. Establish the ROI metrics, tracking and analytics to prove value to the organization.
You only get all that if you hire the right marketing operations partner.
Ask the right questions to understand the value your agency is brining and find out what they can really deliver.